Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bands Announced!

As promised, Warped Tour released some bands that will be on the tour this summer, and are continuing to announce more attending bands weekly.

According to the Vans Warped Tour website's blog posts, the first few bands attending Warped Tour this summer 2011 were posted about seven days ago, and more were added just yesterday. The site will continue to announce attending bands weekly, which can be found under the news tab, under their blog section. The next announcement is scheduled for Wednesday, January 5, 2011. You can also follow Vans Warped Tour on Twitter to keep posted and find out information @VansWarpedTour. Also mentioned on their website, the holiday ticket package offer is over, and pre-sale will begin on April 1, 2011.

These 11 bands attending so far are: Dance Gavin Dance, Every Avenue, Grieves With Budo, We Came As Romans, Woe, Is Me, The Word Alive, The Dangerous Summer, Go Radio, Miss May I, Wings Of Plague, and The Wonder Years. Short bios for each of these bands can also be found under the bands tab on the Warped Tour website by simply clicking on a band that you would like to know more about.

Me personally? I would like to see more punk bands added to the tour like there have been in the past. I honestly have not heard any of the bands released so far, but I'll have to check them out. I saw that Every Avenue has an alternative, pop punk sound, so they might be interesting. Because it is only December though, there is still plenty of time for more bands to be released, hopefully more punk bands will be added to the tour!

Your opinion? Billy Auman, a college student in Flint, Michigan, and one of my frequent readers told me what he feels about the Warped Tour experience. "I have never been to Warped Tour yet, but it seems like it would be an awesome experience. I hope to maybe attend this summer and check out some new music!"

What bands would you like to see? I added a poll, try it out and let me know who you think should play Warped Tour 2011!


Poll photo courtesy of guitarplayer.com.

Oh yeah, and...To get you even more pumped for the Vans Warped Tour 2011 this summer, here is a compilation of photos and videos from the past five years at Warped Tour. All photo taken and video footage shot by me. Enjoy, rock on, and I hope to see you at the tour this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment